Pepper mill in black gloss finish, 30 cm
An exceptional size, with a refined and elegant black lacquer finish to perfectly match the generous and slender curves, here is the Paris u’Select 30 cm manual pepper mill. This Peugeot wooden mill attracts all the attention.
Its size is a reflection of Peugeot expertise, large and complete. With a bright black glossy finish, the world-renowned silhouette of the Paris u'Select 30 cm pepper mill is elongated and generous. This wooden manual mill is equipped with the exclusive Peugeot grind control system - u’Select. With this ingenious function, adjusting the size of the grind for seasoning exactly as you want it is astonishingly easy. Practical, with its 6 setting positions located on the base of the mill, you can very easily choose your preferred grinding size. As with all Peugeot mills, its pepper grinding mechanism comes with a lifetime guarantee. At the table and in the kitchen, this pepper mill is a tribute to the senses and to flavours.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.