Salt mill in natural wood, 30 cm
Paris, Peugeot’s emblematic model, is aiming high with this Paris u’Select 30 cm salt mill. This wooden mill is equipped with the patented u'Select grinding control system that will allow you to simply select the grinding size for your dry salt.
A mill that rises to the occasion
The Paris u’Select 30 cm salt mill is easily recognisable by its magnificent slender curved silhouette, its golden button engraved with the Lion's head and its highly effective Peugeot salt grinding mechanism, which comes with a lifetime guarantee. For ease of use, this wooden salt mill incorporates the u'Select technology allowing you to precisely define the most suitable grinding size for your requirements. The Paris u’Select salt mill is presented here in an authentic finish (painted in a natural colour) that enhances the wood. This mill is becoming an essential, and will easily fit in your kitchen.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.