Pepper mill in black gloss finish, 18 cm
Awaken your senses with this manual pepper mill from the Paris u’Select collection. Classic lines, in chocolate-coloured wood, the Peugeot pepper mill is essential for chefs and lovers of flavour.
The mill for those who love flavour
The timeless design and velvet-like touch make this Paris u’Select 18 cm pepper mill an essential for the table and the kitchen. Produced in beech wood, in a gourmet chocolate shade, it stimulates the senses. This sensation continues during use. Equipped with the u’Select patented grinding adjustment system, you can precisely adjust the grind of your pepper to bring out the maximum flavour in the dishes that you create. From the finest grinding to bring out spicy flavour to the coarsest to enhance the flavours, the choice is infinite.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.