Pepper mill in natural wood, 18 cm
The Peugeot Paris u’Select natural pepper mill is a perfect embodiment of the values of the brand - elegance, authenticity, the French way of life and pure ingenuity. A manual mill that is compact but so clever.
The mill Made in France
Elegance, authenticity and timelessness. To embody these values in everyday life, Peugeot has created a collection of wooden mills, made in France, combining the nobility of fine materials with historical expertise in the Paris model. All of this is fully expressed in the Paris u’Select 18 cm pepper mill. A natural wood body, curved lines offering a perfect grip and a patented grind control system that allows you to choose the size of the grind to suit your palate. You will find this manual pepper mill as useful on the table as it is in the kitchen.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.