Salt/Pepper mill duo in chocolate wood, 13 cm
Peugeot's Clermont Salt and Pepper Mill combine a beechwood design with advanced technology. Two-stage mechanism first cracks, then grinds to fully release flavor and aroma, while helix teeth hold the material in place for a perfect grind.
Often copied, but never equaled
The duo Clermont S&P Manual Mill turned from PEFC-certified French beechwood and finished in a soft, rich and warm chocolate color. The Clermont's simple design manages to suit both classic and contemporary decor, and the grinder's spice reservoir is just large enough to share duties in the kitchen or dining room. Peugeot pepper mills feature the best grinding mechanisms in the business and are made for a lifetime of service. Peugeot Clermont manual mills are equipped with the Peugeot mechanism, which comes with a lifetime guarantee. The button can be tightened or loosened to obtain a coarseness suitable for your taste: the tighter it is, the finer the grinding will be. The harmony of the colours of this duo adds a real touch of style to any table.
Strawberry and cardamom rolled brioche
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 2 hrs
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for one square Appolia dish 28cm or one rectangular Appolia baker dish 32cm:
For the brioche:
350 g of wheat flour t45 or 55
6 g of dry baker’s yeast
170 g of milk
6 Tablespoons (80g) unsalted butter
75 g of yogurt
70 g of powdered sugar
½ tsp. to c. fine salt
70 g of vegetable oil
For the cardamom cream:
300 ml of milk
25 g of cornstarch
30 g of sugar
35 g of margarine or butter
4 cardamom pods
150 g of strawberry jam or 250 g of fresh strawberries
1. In the bowl of a mixer or a simple bowl, put the warm milk with dry yeast. Leave for 5 minutes: if it bubbles, it is good, otherwise, it is dead and there is no point in using it.
2. Then add the flour on top, the yogurt, sugar, salt, and vegetable oil, and knead until the dough has a smooth appearance and comes off your bowl / bowl (usually about ten minutes).
3. Let it rise, preferably in a warm place, covering with a kitchen towel, until the dough doubles in size. Then expel the air from the dough by crushing it.
4. To facilitate, you can cool the brioche to cook it afterwards.
5. Make the cream: boil the milk with the cardamom pods to infuse it, then leave to cool and filter.
6. Add the remaining ingredients except the fat, mixing well to dilute the starch, and put to heat, whisking gently until the mixture thickens and the whisk leaves traces.
7. Then add the margarine and whisk to incorporate. Leave to cool (preferably in the fridge).
8. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, then spread the cardamom cream on top. Rinse and cut the strawberries into small pieces, or add the jam. Roll to get a long sausage, tightening it well.
9. Cut 9 identical rolls, then arrange them in the dish without tightening too much. Let it grow for about an hour and a half, until the rolls are puffed up.
10. Bake at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes, until the brioche is golden brown. Stitch in the center to control doneness.
If you wish, you can garnish with royal icing, mixing icing sugar and a little water.
Likewise, you can make the brioche shiny by applying syrup (such as cane sugar or even mixture of water and boiled sugar) with a brush after taking it out of the oven.