Salt mill in clear and stainless steel, 16 cm
The innovative design of the Daman 16 cm salt mill has allowed the central vertical shaft to be removed and showcase the spice inside. A special focus on aesthetics and the function.
Beautiful and ingenious, Daman showcase the beauty of pepper.
Completely transparent, the Peugeot Daman collection salt mill has no central shaft, so you can clearly see the salt crystals that it holds. Its pure design elegantly combines the transparency of acrylic with the unique radiance of stainless steel. It is fitted with the u’Select patented grind control system, used to adjust seasoning by selecting the size of grind of the salt from the 6 possible options. As with all Peugeot mills, the steel salt grinding mechanism comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.