Salt mill in black gloss finish, 30 cm
Equipped with an effective grinding control system, this Paris u’Select salt mill will allow you to easily select the salt grinding size best suited to your requirements.
The Peugeot mill
With Paris, Peugeot provides an exclusive collection in which each mill is made of wood painted in either a classic or a highly contemporary colour. Here is the Paris u’Select 30 cm salt mill with its elegant and refined bright black finish. Its curved silhouette makes for perfect ergonomics. Functional, this manual salt mill is equipped with an ingenious grind control system, called u'Select, which is used to very easily choose the salt grinding size. Position 1 gives very fine salt, 6 gives much coarser grinding. It’s up to you.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.