Pepper mill in white lacquer finished wood, 22 cm
The Paris u’Select pepper mill is the flagship model of the Peugeot brand. In the white gloss finish, it shines with its poise. This practical mill is equipped with the u’Select technology.
The symbol of unique expertise
An undisputed benchmark in the world of mills, Paris has become the essential instrument for chefs over the last 30 years. Known throughout the world and recognisable by its generous curved shape, it provides a unique embodiment of a simple, authentic and refined cuisine. Made entirely of wood with a bright white gloss finish, the Paris u’Select pepper mill is produced and assembled in France, in accordance with the historical tradition and expertise of the brand. In its u’Select version, the mill has an ingenious Peugeot patented grinding adjustment system in its base. This practical mill allows you to choose the coarseness (fine or coarse) that is right for your taste. When ground at the last moment in the Peugeot pepper grinding mechanism, which comes with a lifetime guarantee, the pepper will release all its aroma and its strength.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.