Pepper mill in stainless steel, 30 cm
The Paris Chef 30 cm pepper mill is the model suitable for use in the kitchen. A large-capacity reservoir, with stainless steel coating and selection of grinding size, this pepper mill provides all the functions that you need for cooking under the conditions of a great chef.
Under the skin of a chef
The emblematic Paris mill from Peugeot has a complete stainless steel finish to create the Paris Chef 30 cm pepper mill. A mill with many functions and exceptional ease of use. The large-capacity reservoir allows the mill to be used for a long time before needing to be refilled. Equipped with the u’Select grinding adjustment system, you can very simply choose the pepper coarseness that is best suited to your culinary creations. The strong efficient pepper grinding mechanism comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Strawberry and cardamom rolled brioche
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 2 hrs
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for one square Appolia dish 28cm or one rectangular Appolia baker dish 32cm:
For the brioche:
350 g of wheat flour t45 or 55
6 g of dry baker’s yeast
170 g of milk
6 Tablespoons (80g) unsalted butter
75 g of yogurt
70 g of powdered sugar
½ tsp. to c. fine salt
70 g of vegetable oil
For the cardamom cream:
300 ml of milk
25 g of cornstarch
30 g of sugar
35 g of margarine or butter
4 cardamom pods
150 g of strawberry jam or 250 g of fresh strawberries
1. In the bowl of a mixer or a simple bowl, put the warm milk with dry yeast. Leave for 5 minutes: if it bubbles, it is good, otherwise, it is dead and there is no point in using it.
2. Then add the flour on top, the yogurt, sugar, salt, and vegetable oil, and knead until the dough has a smooth appearance and comes off your bowl / bowl (usually about ten minutes).
3. Let it rise, preferably in a warm place, covering with a kitchen towel, until the dough doubles in size. Then expel the air from the dough by crushing it.
4. To facilitate, you can cool the brioche to cook it afterwards.
5. Make the cream: boil the milk with the cardamom pods to infuse it, then leave to cool and filter.
6. Add the remaining ingredients except the fat, mixing well to dilute the starch, and put to heat, whisking gently until the mixture thickens and the whisk leaves traces.
7. Then add the margarine and whisk to incorporate. Leave to cool (preferably in the fridge).
8. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle, then spread the cardamom cream on top. Rinse and cut the strawberries into small pieces, or add the jam. Roll to get a long sausage, tightening it well.
9. Cut 9 identical rolls, then arrange them in the dish without tightening too much. Let it grow for about an hour and a half, until the rolls are puffed up.
10. Bake at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes, until the brioche is golden brown. Stitch in the center to control doneness.
If you wish, you can garnish with royal icing, mixing icing sugar and a little water.
Likewise, you can make the brioche shiny by applying syrup (such as cane sugar or even mixture of water and boiled sugar) with a brush after taking it out of the oven.