Pepper mill in olive wood and stainless steel, 16 cm
Awaken your senses with this manual pepper mill from the Paris u’Select collection. Classic lines, in chocolate-coloured wood, the Peugeot pepper mill is essential for chefs and lovers of flavour.
Beauty, performance and function
The Peugeot Madras manual pepper mill in olive wood is a symbol of natural elegance. With its steel base and olive wood body, criss crossed with the grain of the wood, it gives a touch of refinement to your table when entertaining. An achievement born from Peugeot know-how, the central vertical axis that normally runs through the mill has been removed, making it easier to refill the mill’s pepper reservoir. The steel stopper is magnetic for easier opening. The Madras pepper mill is equipped with a high-performance mechanism, with a lifetime guarantee. You can choose your preferred pepper grinding finesse thanks to the u’Select adjustment grinding system.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.