Pepper mill in natural wood, 40 cm
The Paris u’Select 40 cm natural pepper mill is iconic. It echoes the classic style of the Paris mill created in 1987 and incorporates the latest grinding control function.
How can you resist?
An iconic style
With the Paris range, Peugeot is offering an exclusive collection in which each mill is produced in noble materials such as wood, in the classic colours of the past or revisited completely for greater modernity. Here the Paris model maintains all of its authenticity and simplicity, painted in its natural shade, reminiscent of the original colour of the beechwood of which it is composed. The Paris u'Select 40 cm natural pepper mill is an emblematic model. Its majestic size, its curved silhouette and its patented u’Select grind control system make it an ideal mill for use in the kitchen.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.