Pepper mill in chocolate finish, 80 cm
A genuine collectors’ piece, the chocolate-coloured Paris 80 cm pepper mill is nevertheless a functional item. The large chef’s mill is welcomed into your kitchen.
The large chef’s mill
The Peugeot Paris model has a long history. This model created in 1987 has become the archetypal mill over the years. Entirely made of wood, its particularly elegant curved lines are topped by a magnificent golden knob, engraved with a lion’s head, the emblem of the brand. This knob is not just a beautiful feature but conceals an important function for use. It allows completely simple adjustment of the grinding of the pepper contained in the large-capacity reservoir of this mill. The Paris model takes things to extremes. A genuine collectors’ piece, with its height of 80 cm, this mill will have a major impact in your kitchen. Used in demonstration for your special party meals, like a barista in a fashionable restaurant, you will make a definite impression on your guests.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.