Pepper mill in black gloss finish, 12 cm
With its u’Select patented adjustment system and its black gloss finish, the Paris 12 cm pepper mill brings a magnificent touch to your table.
An ultra-stylish gloss finish
Famous throughout the world, the Paris model is the undisputed benchmark for pepper mills. Its classic silhouette in wood enhanced by its black gloss finish gives it a highly contemporary touch. This Paris u’Select pepper mill is stylish and elegant. Compact, it fits in easily on your table. Its patented grinding adjustment system is used for precise selection of the fineness of the pepper as required. There are 6 possible settings. Made in France, this manual pepper mill is equipped with the Peugeot mechanism in steel, which comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.