Electric pepper mill, natural wood, 34 cm
The Rechargeable Electric Pepper Mill in the Paris collection is surprisingly effective. The silhouette of Peugeot's most iconic wood mill conceals a powerful, silent motor. All it takes is a single hand to season your dishes to your heart's content.
Peugeot's first electric wood mill
This iconic pepper mill in the Peugeot range needs no introduction! Even so, this new version of the Paris mill is still full of surprises! Behind the familiar beech silhouette lies a latest generation innovation. An electric version of the brand's flagship model is now available! This mill runs on rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries and combines the movement of a manual mill with all the practicality of an electric motor, showcasing the ingenuity upon which Peugeot has forged its reputation. In a single, effortless motion, you can season your culinary preparations with your favourite pepper. Its high performance steel mechanism comes with a lifetime warranty. Whether in the kitchen or on the table, this sleek, practical mill will soon become your favourite companion.
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.