Electric pepper mill, black gloss finish, 34 cm
Showcasing Peugeot's expertise and instantly recognisable with its shapely and generous curves, the famous Paris mill is now available as an electric mill. The beechwood body of this pepper mill is crafted in France in the Peugeot Manufacture. In terms of technology, the Paris mill is equipped with the latest generation of rechargeable electric motor.
An electric version of an iconic mill
It has the look of a manual pepper mill, but this mill is electric. The Paris mill is the first electric mill made of wood from Peugeot. Beneath its shiny black, elegant silhouette hides a motor powered by latest generation of rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries. There is no risk of the batteries running out of charge while the mill is not being used. The Paris electric pepper mill in its black lacquered version is equipped with a high-performance steel mechanism, with a lifetime guarantee, which integrates the patented Peugeot u’Select adjustment system that allows the simple selection of the desired grinding finesse. A new-generation traditional salt mill!
Foie gras terrine with coffee and whisky
1 lobe of duck foie gras (500 g)
160 ml cold Keheli coffee (Ethiopia)
40 ml whisky (slightly peaty)
8 g sea salt + 2 g sugar + 1 g Voatsiperifery pepper.
1. Prepare the coffee in a French press with a medium grind. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Press and then place in the refrigerator.
2. Allow the foie gras to come up to room temperature for an hour (remove the veins if necessary).
3. Mix the whisky and the COLD coffee. Pour over the foie gras and then add the sugar/salt/pepper mixture.
3. Tightly wrap the foie gras while compressing (shape into a rectangle, so that it can be packed into the terrine in two stages).
4. Put the Peugeot Appolia terrine in the refrigerator.
Pack the foie gras into the terrine.
Wrap in film and add the lid.
1. Wrap the entire terrine in film and cook in a bain-marie. Cook in a non-preheated oven at 75°C for approximately 1 hr 45 min (check that the temperature is 62°C in the middle).
2. Take out of the oven and remove the film and lid. Place in the refrigerator.
3. The next day, replace the lid.
4. Wait at least three days before eating. Remove from the terrine and slice with a knife dipped in hot water.
5. Add the Voatsiperifery pepper to taste.