Salt/Pepper mill duo in black and white gloss, 18 cm
Flagship model of the Peugeot brand, Paris is available here as a duo. Bright black colour for the pepper mill, bright white for the salt mill, the identification of the content is facilitated. The black and white lacquered Paris mill duo in 18 cm will make a splash on your party table.
Authentic and Refined
Created in 1987, the Paris Collection is famous for its discerning rounded shapes. The salt and pepper mills in this set are finished in glossy lacquer. Black for pepper, and white for salt; an easy way to reach for the right spice. The pepper mechanism can grind black, white, green peppercorns as well as coriander and cumin seeds. The salt mechanism is designed to grind coarse dry salt. These two mechanisms come with a lifetime warranty. The Paris Black and White Lacquer Set, 18 cm, is entirely made in France at the Peugeot Manufacture.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.