Electric Pepper mill, brushed stainless steel finish ABS, 14 cm
The Peugeot Zeli electric pepper mill offers a comfortable one hand operation. Made of ABS, Zeli features a brushed stainless steel finish.
Compact and easy to transport
Highly contemporary, with its brushed-metal style surface, the Zeli electric pepper mill is both highly convenient and extremely efficient. Compact in size, this 14 cm tall battery-powered mill fits perfectly into your hand. Simply press the top button to operate. A light comes on simultaneously for better control of the pepper output. Adjust the coarseness of the grind with the thumbwheel located below the mechanism. An absolute joy to use, the Zeli electric pepper mill comes with 6 batteries and 1 spare bulb.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.