Electric Pepper mill, soft touch black ABS, 14 cm
Zephir is a compact stylish electric pepper mill, which can easily be used with just one hand.
A compact electric mill for excellent flavour effects
The Zephir electric pepper mill has everything that you could want. A compact mill, with a height of 14 cm, it proves to be particularly ergonomic. The Soft touch surface is like velvet and the button positioned on its head means it can be used with just one hand, in a single action. The grind size can be adjusted using a small control wheel located underneath the mill. The tighter the wheel is turned, the finer the pepper is ground. The Peugeot pepper grinding mechanism comes with a lifetime guarantee. It is supplied with 6 batteries for efficient operation.
Carrot Soufflé with Cumin
2.2 pounds (1 kg) carrots,
peeled and sliced
8 large eggs, white and yolks apart
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon (125g) unsalted butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (50g) all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup (30 cl) milk
3 Tablespoons Emmental cheese or other hard cheese, grated
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*or 26.5 ounces (750g) mashed carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 2.2 qt soufflé dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the carrots in a large volume of salted water for about 20-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and mash carrots.
3. Add the egg yolks to the carrots and stir well.
4. Make the béchamel sauce: melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour, and let the mixture thicken for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the milk and keep whisking until thickened. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, and add the grated cheese. Add the mixture to the carrot mash and stir well.
5. Beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff. Fold into the carrots, running the spatula straight down the bottom of the bowl, then flipping the batter over. The egg whites should be all mixed in, but there should be some lumps of stiff egg white still visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared soufflé dish and bake in a water-bath for about 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and eat immediately, with a side of salad.